Anyone is welcome to participate in this discussion. If you wish to participate in the Acts online Bible study, send an email to office@meridianumc.com with your name and phone number. Place "On-line Bible Study" in the message line of your email. In a day or two you should receive an email giving you the info you need to participate in this online study.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Greeting: What a fantastic Bible study with guides that reminded me of my college days which by todays standard is ancient. There is a right way and a wrong way to approach literature/Bible study and your methodology is so very helpful.
I like Classical Literature and find it remarkable how the old authors hid events and emotions in their characters. The study of Acts and knowing the author, the era and the culture will bring refreshing and informative meaning to the study.
I look forward to many more sessions as we explore this great book and what it has to guide us in our daily walk.

2 comments:

Phil Bence said...

Karl, Thanks for your affirmation. I look forward to working with you. What questions about Acts or Inductive Bible study did the class leave in your mind?

Karl said...

As we progress into the book of Acts, there will be questions as to authenticity of the author.
The intrigue of "waiting for the Holy Spirit" must of been a little haunting for the followers and I am sure some doubt as to what to expect.
Be patient and listen to the quiet and and let the spirit work within you. This class will help me understand the necessity of believing and understanding the "outpouring" of the Holy Spirit. I have much to learn, and this class has left me with the idea I need to know more. I want to understand God's will in my life.